Friday, April 20, 2012

Q & A Vol.1

Back at it ladies and gentleman. Today is a special day for me. This post is the first of what I hope are many short interviews I'm attempting to conduct on Twitter. To those wondering here's the format. I ask a Max of 3 questions. In this particular post there's 2. I get short answers as not to ask for too much from the player I'm asking. Then last but not least I write about the subject.

Today's participant is the nations leading WR and a name I suspect will be remembered after the draft next week. He's Jordan White out of Western Michigan. For those who don't know this young man led the NCAA in receiving yards, receptions, yards per game, and average catches per game. Yet he's not on Kiper or McShays radar. That's cool though Jordan cause you're on mine. Let's get into this.

Question 1: What player/players do you model your game after if any?

Jordan's Answer: "Gregg Jennings, Wes Welker, Anquan Boldin, and Steve Smith (Carolina)"

My Take: White's a great receiver. I can't honestly say I saw a bunch of him while in college but I did hear and read a bunch. His big game on national tv against Purdue he simply went off. He made just about every catch you can make in that game. If you haven't seen it YouTube it. I'm sure its there. His ability to get space an also sit down in zones shows his maturity.

I see him in the same mold as an Anquan Boldin. In a lot of film I saw he's lined up everywhere more than likely because of the attention he attracts. Like Wes Welker his ability to stop on a dime inside a soft zone was also impressive. In my opinion he's a grade A wideout and a gamer.

Question 2: What NFL team is best fit for you and why?

Jordan's Answer: "Any team. Honestly I can do it all. Especially a team with a good quick game like Green Bay."

My Take: At Western Michigan from what I saw the flung it around quite a bit. They ran a quick style offense like Green Bays and obviously hearing his stats White performed at a high level.

I could see the Patriots looking at him. Bill Belichick did go after div.2 record breaking RB Danny Woodhead.With Wes Welker on a franchise tag for the upcoming season they could score big with White.

Really no matter where he lands he'll show someone what made him the top WR in the country. And I believe people sleeping on him will only motivate him to push harder at success.

Thanks again to Jordan White for answering those couple questions. First of many short Q&A's to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment