Saturday, July 28, 2012

My Top 5 TE's

TE's today folks... honestly with so.many of em out there it's actually hard to pick a Top 5. Almost every team's got a decent TE. Some have two. But hey, let's get into my top 5 we can debate after.

First guy on the list had a huge season. As the season came toward the end he seemed unguardable. Rob Gronkowski is to.me the best TE in the game. His size and strength are only the tip of the iceberg for this guy. The size of his mitts are the real reason he's become the number one player at his position. Gronk honestly never really showed any weakness all year long except being injured. To me hid best attribute is his ability to find the open space while being double and triple guarded in all types if schemes and zones.

Vernon Davis is the second player to make my list of TE's. I give Davis the nod here mostly for 3 reasons. One, of all the players on this list Davis has the least heralded QB. Two, he was doing this before the 49ers were the team they are now. And three, anyone who watches the game knows how far David has come as a player, leader, and team.captain he is now. I'll never forget the time Singletary sent Davis off the field claiming he wasn't the type of guy he wanted out there. Since that day Davis hasn't just been the guy the want he's a key cog to the teams overall success.

Third comes a player that isn't Eben the number 1 TE on his own team but this is only because of how much he can actually do on the field. Aaron Hernandez is the most underrated TE in football in my eyes. Last season he actually got injured for a couple games. Still he had 973 yards reviving and 79 catches. If he plays all 16 which is honestly rare at the position he's over 1,000 yards easily. He's basically a receiver playing a different position to create mismatches. And fyi if he got over 1,000 Brady's the second guy besides Manning to have three 1,000 yard receivers in a season.

Jimmy Graham is fourth in my list. He's fallen quite a bit compared to anyone else's rankings thud far but here's my explanation. Drew Brees. I'm not saying he's overrated. He's an elite talent, that has shown what he's capable of being... the next Tony Gonzalez. He just has to do it another year.  I expect he will, probably not at the rate of last season because the whole NFC South got much better this offseason. And though it may seem.like it's easy for me to discount this kid, I'm a Hurricanes fan. So it kills me to put guys ahead of him like this but I gotta be honest about my thoughts.

Such a close race for this last spot. At least 3 guys I'd like here but only one can make it. Jason Witten's the last player on my list. He's just consistent. So much so that last year he had 79 catches and 942 yards Ans because of the overall failure in Dallas last year it seemed he had a down season to me. Since Witten's been in Dallas he's seen #1 WR's like T.O., Miles Austin, and young stars like Dez Bryant but still he's the most consistent and dependable target on the field. With Demarco Murray emerging now I believe he'll be more effective off screens and playaction passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment